Please come to Oakwood Friends School for NYYM’s 328th Summer Sessions. We’ll be exploring the theme Re-Building Faith in Changing Times.
Though the most visible change for us initially will be the new venue, other new things are likely to mean more to us: we have shortened our time by a day and incorporated two weekend days at the beginning of our “week,” in hopes that makes it easier for working folks to come; we will have intergenerational programs and activities several afternoons; we will be creating new activities for JYM because we are in a new place; we will have fewer meetings for business; and mostly, we are prioritizing time together for worship, fellowship, play, and rest, finding out what is important to do together in person, and why we gather.
Opening to one another and to Spirit, as always, we will seek guidance for our rebuilding. We will have queries and proposals to discern together and spending time in worship and fun helps ground us for that. Of course, there will be Bible Study and worship-sharing, plenary speakers, singing, meals together, and more (where will the jigsaw puzzle be?).
Please come – your help is needed to create a new way to do Summer Sessions – a way that holds much that we love from the past, rebuilds our faith as we try new things, and renews our pleasure in being together.
STEPS TO SUMMER SESSIONS
(how to register)
- If you will be attending online, you can skip these steps and head directly to the registration form once registration opens (an announcement will be sent out via email; visit nyym.org/subscribe if you’re not on the email list). You will receive a confirmation email after you register.
- If you will be attending in person, start with deciding on your arrival and departure dates. The full conference is July 22-27, 2023, Saturday lunch to Thursday lunch. You can also attend for just a few or single day(s).
- Determine whether you will be staying in a dorm room on campus, in a hotel nearby, or will find other accommodations. (NYYM has reserved a block of rooms at a reduced rate at the nearby Holiday Inn Express at 2750 South Road; call 845-473-1151 and ask to reserve a room in the NYYM group using the booking code “YYM”).
- If staying on campus, please note that children under 18 must room with a parent or in an adjoining room.
- Parents of children ages 5-18: Read the Junior Yearly Meeting (JYM) section below.
- Parents of children ages 0-4: Read For children under 5 years old within the JYM section.
- Read the Participant Expectations and Agreements, as registering indicates that you agree to follow them.
- Registration is open! If you cannot register online, or need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your phone number and times that we can call you. If you don’t have email, please call the NYYM office at 212-673-5750.
- You will receive a confirmation email after you’ve registered.
- Within two weeks, once you’ve been assigned to a room, you will receive an email with the Pay As Led rate options and a link to make a payment. If your local meeting, regional meeting, or committee will be financially supporting your attendance, you should request that now, and factor in that amount when determining which rate you will pay.
- Parents will receive a follow-up email that will include any additional forms they may have to fill out for their children. Parents and children will also receive information from their JYM group.
REGISTRATION IS Open
Registration for Summer Sessions is completely online. If you are unable to register online please ask someone you know to assist you, or call the NYYM office at 212-673-5750 and provide your name, phone number, and a good time to contact you. We will have volunteers ready, willing, and able to provide online registration assistance.