Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) connects advocacy with the Quaker faith and practice. Here are a few resources and opportunities that individuals and communities can use to live their faith through action.
Actions and Opportunities for Friends
- Join FCNL online every Wednesday at 5:15 p.m. EDT for a period of silent worship and reflection: register here or join at fcnl.org/ww-stream.
- Attend our online December Quaker Changemaker Event—Learning Under Occupation at Ramallah Friends School—on Dec. 15 at 12:00 p.m. EST to hear about Hassan El-Tayyab’s visit to Ramallah Friends School in dialogue with Head of School Rania Mayaah.
Act With Your Friends Community
- Minute your support for the Truth and Healing Commission on American Indian Boarding School Policies Commission (S. 2907/H.R. 5444) in your monthly meeting, church, or yearly meeting. Share your statement(s) with FCNL at Quakers@fcnl.org.
- Organize a workshop on Quaker advocacy, storytelling, lobbying, or engaging across political differences for your community.
FCNL and the Wider Quaker World
- FCNL’s former General Secretary Diane Randall authored the chapter “Quaker Advocacy for Peace: From Grassroots to Congress” in a new edited volume, The Quaker World. Join the book launch event on Dec. 1 at 8:00 p.m. GMT online.
- See our visitation calendar to see where FCNL staff are traveling and visiting among Friends online and onsite. Consider inviting us to visit your community!